Republica SMP

Welcome to the Official Forums for the Republica SMP server. Please use the buttons below to either Register or Log In.

*Please not that registering on the forums does note mean you have been accepted on the server. You will still have to fill out an application in the Applications/Promotions/Appeals section of the forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Republica SMP

Welcome to the Official Forums for the Republica SMP server. Please use the buttons below to either Register or Log In.

*Please not that registering on the forums does note mean you have been accepted on the server. You will still have to fill out an application in the Applications/Promotions/Appeals section of the forum

Republica SMP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Server IP: republica.forumotion.com

2 posters

Jefe's Guide to Recruiting (WIP)

jefe323
    jefe323
    Owner

Jefe's Guide to Recruiting (WIP) Empty Jefe's Guide to Recruiting (WIP)

Post by jefe323 Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:06 pm

Jefe's Guide to Recruiting
    This is a guide I decided to write to help people recruit for our server. It lists sites we currently have threads/listings on, where to find players who might want to join the server as well as some tips on how to subtly advertise. This is a living guide, so post your suggestions and I'll add them to the guide.

Right now the guide is unfinished, but it should be finished soon...

Where we have threads/listings
    Some of these sites have voting or click features. For example, Minestatus lets you vote once per 24 hours (per IP address) on our server (with no need to create an account). Utilizing these kinds of features help get our server higher on the list and get better visibility. Here is the list (as of June 22, 2011):

(there will be links...)
    -Minecraft Forums
    -Minestatus
    Jefe's Guide to Recruiting (WIP) 3435-republica
    -MC Server List
    -Planet Minecraft
    (there are more, I just have to search for them...) Wink

Where to find players
    One of the best places I've found is the Starting Up/Looking For Section of the Minecraft Forums. This is where players post what kind of server they are looking for and others comment, giving their suggestions or their server pitches.

There are some ground rules I have for posting in these type of threads:
    1. I have a simple server ad below you can copy-paste (not yet, but soon). NEVER use the copypasta by itself, always add something personal. Address specific needs/requests the player has, address them by their username, etc. You don't want to be accused of spamming

2. Don't post in a thread if our server isn't what they are looking for. If we meet most of their requests, then post but make sure you point out what we are missing

3. Never trash talk about another server listed in the thread. If someone else says shit about our server, just report the thread (look for a button in the bottom left of the post).

4. Don't put multiple advertisements per thread. Look to see if someone else has already posted about our server

5. If the player doesn't want to play on our server or chooses a different server, don't insult them about their choice
    Basically it comes down to being nice and courteous

Subtle Advertising
    This is usually what I do and it works decently. Basically all you do is add a banner in your signature that links either to our site or our Minecraft Forum thread. Then you become active on whatever forum you choose (Minecraft Forums in my case). Respond to threads (add constructive responses, don't spam) and people will see your banner, click it and our server will gain exposure (hopefully positive). Here are some banners that have been made for our server (feel free to make your own):

Jefe's Guide to Recruiting (WIP) Banner10
    Code:
    [url=http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/252697-%E2%98%BCrepublica%E2%98%BCtownspvpiconomygreylistanti-grief/][img]http://r28.imgfast.net/users/3315/14/81/33/album/banner10.png[/img][/url]

Posting Screenshots/Videos
    There is also a Screenshot section and a Video section on the Minecraft Forums. If you make something cool on the server, share it with everyone there (and leave a link to our thread or this site).

Canned Server Ad
    (coming soon!)

Last edited by jefe323 on Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:26 pm; edited 11 times in total
    CEOpotamus
    CEOpotamus
    Admin

Jefe's Guide to Recruiting (WIP) Empty Re: Jefe's Guide to Recruiting (WIP)

Post by CEOpotamus Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:49 pm

Hint:
    NEVER ADVERTISE ON OTHER SERVERS, YOU WILL GET BANNED
    CEOpotamus
    CEOpotamus
    Admin

Post by CEOpotamus Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:51 pm

Also, I use this one in Youtube comments, its pretty successful so far...

Hey guys, we need help rebuilding our Minecraft server (just reset map). We have many mods including iConomy, ranks, and shops. The IP is republica.servegame(dot)com:25765. To get build rights, register at republica.forumotion(dot)com.

just copy and paste, and like jefe said, add your own to it
    CEOpotamus
    CEOpotamus
    Admin

Post by CEOpotamus Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:40 am

Jefe, do we have an official banner yet?
    jefe323
    jefe323
    Owner

Post by jefe323 Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:08 am

You can use this one:
    Jefe's Guide to Recruiting (WIP) Banner10

Code:
    [url=http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/252697-%E2%98%BCrepublica%E2%98%BCtownspvpiconomygreylistanti-grief/][img]http://r28.imgfast.net/users/3315/14/81/33/album/banner10.png[/img][/url]
    CEOpotamus
    CEOpotamus
    Admin

Post by CEOpotamus Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:17 am

OK, and after the picture contest you are gonna make a current one?
    jefe323
    jefe323
    Owner

Post by jefe323 Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:26 am

the screenshot contest is for a header, not a banner

Also, i'll hopefully finish this guide today

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:49 am